Back for its 16th year, Downtown Evanston's "It's Thursday, Let’s Dance!" program has added two more dates and will be staged at two different locations this summer.
Each week will feature live music and dancing from 7 to 9 p.m., with each week spotlighting a different dance style ranging from Latin and Swing to Rock and Roll.
The only outdoor dance floor north of Chicago will be setting up at the 909 Davis St. Plaza on June 11 and 18 and then making its way to the plaza at 1603 Orrington Ave. for the rest of the summer.
The dance venues are convenient to many downtown restaurants and visitors can use the extended evening Purple Line Express, leaving the Davis stop at 8:07 p.m. and running express without stopping from Howard to Belmont.
This is a free event and all ages are welcome.
- June 11 – Highland Park Pops Big Band — Jazz and Latin jazz.
- June 18 – Sarah Alysse & The Chi-Town Suits — A blend of pop and soul music.
- June 25 – The Stingers — A blend of classic and roots rock, deep blues, ‘60s-style pop and gritty soul.
- July 9 – Stardust Big Band — Jazz and swing from veterans of the Chicago-based Déjà Vu Big Band.
- July 16 – Kaleidoscope Eyes — Acoustic Beatles tribute band.
- July 23 – Rio Bamba — A blend of Brazilian and American jazz.
- July 30 – Decoy Prayer Meeting — Country swing, rockability, folk, rock and roll.
- Aug. 6 – Sam Fazio Quartet — American standards, swing tunes and pop classics.
It’s Thursday, Let’s Dance! in downtown Evanston is accessible via public transit by taking the CTA Purple line or the Metra UP North line to the Davis Street stations. More information is available online.