Each May the Woman’s Club of Evanston hosts its Dreams Delivered Prom Boutique for Evanston Township High School girls.
Dreams Delivered provides prom attire for free to senior girls at ETHS who would otherwise have great difficulty attending their senior prom.
The group collect new and gently worn formal dresses and accessories, and provide them free of charge to students in need.
The senior prom is an important milestone — the first chance to dress up and the last chance to connect with friends before graduation. Unfortunately, each year, this event gets more expensive, and buying a ticket and an evening dress is beyond the reach of many girls.
The Woman’s Club is collecting:
- Dresses that are appropriate for prom (especially plus sizes)
- Formal shoes (especially larger sizes)
- Bags, sparkly jewelry, wraps and accessories
- Unopened cosmetics, nail polish, perfume samples
Items may be dropped off between April 1 and 20 at:
- Evanston Athletic Club, 1723 Benson Ave., Mondays through Thursdays from 5 a.m.-11 p.m., Fridays from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Northwestern University Women’s Center, 2000 Sheridan Road, weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pivot Point Salon, 1560 Sherman Ave., Tursdays through Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p..m.