Despite less than stellar weather, Northwestern University students held the annual Dillo Day music festival on campus Saturday in what appears to have been one of the best behaved editions of the event.
Evanston Police report shutting down two off-campus parties and issuing four citations — three for public urination and one for underage drinking.
In addition to 16 calls for police services, the Evanston Fire Department transported 15 people to hospitals — 13 of those were for alcohol-related issues the other two were for other medical conditions.
The number of problems appeared to be down substantially from some prior years. News reports indicate:
- 10 citations issued, 28 transported to hospitals for alcohol intoxication, and three parties shut down in 2016.
- 19 citations issued in 2015, when the lakefront performances were cancelled because of high winds.
- Four people arrested and 31 cited and 26 ambulance calls in 2013.
- 10 arrested and 43 citations issued in 2004.
- Seven arrests and 113 citations in 2003.